Georgetown Parents and Family,
Thank you for joining us for Senior Parents and Family Weekend 2022. We want to thank the Public Health Team at Georgetown for their assistance in helping make this event as safe as possible for the Georgetown Community, and we look forward to seeing you on February 11-13, 2022!
Please read the following registration instructions carefully and if you have any questions do not hesitate to reach out to Emily Fisher at email@example.com or Olivia Kleier at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In accordance with Georgetown University’s vaccination policy, all visitors must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they have a medical or religious exemption. Please provide proof of each member of your party’s vaccination status using this link. Students do not need to submit evidence of vaccination because their vaccination status is already present in their student account. All visitors must also wear a mask at all times while they are indoors. We would also like to inform attendees of Senior Parents and Family Weekend that establishments, such as restaurants or entertainment venues, are required to verify that all patrons are vaccinated before the patrons enter the establishment.
University Health Protocols at this time require 50% capacity for Religious Services. Seating will be on a first-come basis until that capacity is reached. We appreciate your understanding of the current limits. The health and safety of our community is our first priority.
At the bottom of the page you will find a schedule of events for the weekend. Please note some locations may be subject to change to another location on campus due to capacity demands, but we will alert all families and students of a change if it should occur.
The registration fee covers all of the events throughout the weekend, with a few notable exceptions being Senior Auction and Georgetown Men’s Basketball vs Creighton on Saturday, February 12th at 12pm at the Capital One Center downtown. For these events, please select the number of tickets needed for your ENTIRE party.
For the weekend, ticket options include:
- Individual (for one person’s entry, $50), and
- Child (for children under 16, $20), and
- Georgetown Senior (free entry for your Georgetown Hoya).
For Senior Auction, ticket options include:
- Student Ticket Tier – $25 per person – admission to the event and hors d’ouvres & drinks at the reception
- Gaston Tier – $50 per person – admission to the event for parents and family members, including hors d’ouvres & drinks at the reception
- Healy Tier – $75 per person – admission to the event, including hors d’ouvres & drinks, and premium seating at the front of venue
Please register everyone in your party, including your Georgetown Senior, so that we can have an accurate headcount.
All registrants will receive a complete schedule for the events of the weekend. See below for the draft schedule of events Remember: excluding the basketball game and Senior Auction, these events are included in your registration fee. The link for registration can be found here.
Example: Family of 4 (2 parents, 1 Georgetown Senior, 1 sibling aged 16) that wants to attend Senior Auction
2 x Individual
1 x Georgetown Senior
1 x Child under 16
1 x Senior Ticket for the Senior Auction
3 x Gaston Tier Tickets Senior Auction
Friday, February 11:
- 12:00-5:00pm Registration, Leavey Programming Room
- Registration is an opportunity for families to check-in for the events of the weekend, and check their luggage for the afternoon if necessary.
- 10:00-5:00pm GradSalute, Georgetown Bookstore
- Caps, gowns, and hoods required for graduation must be purchased and picked up at the Georgetown University Bookstore during Grad Salute and Senior Parents and Families Weekend (February). The University is offering “green” or eco-friendly gowns and hoods. The cost of the complete academic regalia package is $85.00. Some seniors may still have the gowns that they wore during their New Student Convocation. If so, you may elect to purchase only the cap, tassel and hood for graduation. The price for these three pieces is $53.00. If students are unable to purchase academic regalia during Grad Salute in February, they can pick them up at the bookstore any time after Senior Parents Weekend up to Commencement.
- 1:00-5:00pm Last Chance Lectures featuring Georgetown Faculty and Figures
- Location of the specific times of each Last Chance Lecture will be released in the near future.
- 1:30pm Jum’ah in the Masjid, Located in Village C (Level 2, enter from the central outdoor staircase)
- 5:00-7:00pm President’s Welcome Reception, Mid Campus Terrace
- Join President DeGioia for a welcome reception located outside of the Rafik B. Hariri Building.
- 5:30pm Shabbat in S William Chapel, located in Copley
Saturday, February 12th
- 11:00-5:00pm GradSalute, Georgetown Bookstore
- 12:00-3:00pm Basketball Game vs. Creighton, Capital One Arena
- Please note that the original promotion code was sold out for the basketball game, and that the Athletics Department is currently trying to see if another promotion code can be made available. When we receive this information, we will share it with everyone.
- 5:00-6:00pm Vigil Mass Dahlgren Chapel of the Sacred Heart
- 7:30pm Senior Auction, Healey Hall
- The Senior Auction will feature a reception, silent auction, and live auction. All proceeds for the event will be used to help provide funding and reduced ticket prices for Senior Week festivities organized by the Senior Class Committee.
Sunday, February 13th
- 10:00 am -12:30 pm Grab – and – Go Farewell Brunch, Copley Formal Lounge
11:00 am: Jack the Bulldog Appearance at the Farewell Brunch
- 2:00-4:30pm Dharmālaya: The Dharmic Meditation Center, open for visits and darshan
If you have any questions please reach out to the Senior Class Committee at email@example.com.
The Senior Class Committee